Automower 330X - Died While Mowing [WAITING FOR USER ACTION]

Support für alle Mäher-spezifischen Fragen, die nicht unbedingt etwas mit einer Einstellung in Robonect zu tun haben und deshalb nicht zu einem bestimmten Menüpunkt passen.
jamesb
Forum-Anfänger
Mäher: Husqvarna Automower 330X
Firmware des Mähers (MSW): MSW 7.xx.xx
Herstellungsjahr: 2014
Robonect-Modul: Robonect Hx (Rev.4)
Robonect Firmware: 1.0beta7a

Automower 330X - Died While Mowing [WAITING FOR USER ACTION]

Beitrag von jamesb »

Hi Folks,

Sorry for a post in English, I'm afraid I'm not a German speaker. I've run into a problem with the latest firmware and so thought I better report it.

I've had my Robonect Hx for over a year now and it was working great: I've never had any problems with it. It has been running the same firmware version the whole time (version 0.9e). However this week I updated to version version 1.0 (Beta 7a), and the first time I sent it OUT to mow it bricked itself.

Here is what happened:

1. I updated to V1.0 (Beta 7a). The update appeared to go fine, and I sent the mower back to the base station to charge.
2. A few days later I used the Robonect web interface to start a mowing job (Control -> Job). I set the Begin time to Immediately, End time to 23:00 (11pm), GPS assisted navigation to On, and Subsequently to End of day. I then clicked Place job and the mower headed OUT and started mowing.
3. About 20 minutes later (around 6pm) the mower just stopped. I actually caught this on security camera: it was mowing normally in a straight line and then just stopped dead for no reason.
4. When I went to check on it the mower looked like it was off and unresponsive. The screen was off, and toggling the power switch had no effect.
5. To get the mower going again I opened it up, disconnected the batteries, and also disconnected the Robonect, and then plugged everything back in without the Robonect. The mower started up as usual, so I turned it off, waited a few minutes, disconnected the batteries, connected the Robonect again, and everything appeared to work as normal again.
6. I then checked the Robonect logs. There is nothing listed for when the mower just stopped dead. However there is an entry for when I first toggled the power switch ("Fault 53").

The mower's own firmware is quite old (MSW Version: 4.05.00, SUB-Version: 4.00.00). Mower's location is set to Australia East, with language set to English. It's probably also worth noting that where the mower died is OUT of Wi-Fi range.

I have not tried sending it OUT to mow again (yet). As this has never happened with the 0.9e firmware I'm inclined to think it must be the V1.0 (Beta 7a) update. I'm happy to try/test OUT anything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
James
Zuletzt geändert von shadowkiller am So 16. Jun 2019, 18:22, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Grund: Titel angepasst

shadowkiller
Forum-Veteran
Mäher: Husqvarna Automower 315
Firmware des Mähers (MSW): MSW 10.xx.xx
Herstellungsjahr: 2017 (Modell 2018)
Robonect-Modul: Robonect Hx (Rev.5)
Robonect Firmware: 1.3 (WLAN 1.7.4)
wurde gedankt: 135 Male

Re: Automower 330X - Died While Mowing

Beitrag von shadowkiller »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

thank You for the explanation!
Do you have a working connection to Robonect? If yes, please download the log and place it here. Fabian alias Admin will check it to find OUT the reason.

If You need to use Robonect in this time, and

1. You have connection, maybe it’s recommended to make a factory reset.
Tipp: make Screenshots of all your configurations in Robonect, so it’s easily to “move” them back after factory reset worked.

2. You have no connection to Robonect, consider to make a PIN-Reset oder Hardware-Reset of Robonect.

It’s also possible to go back to 0.9e.

Successfully working on it!
Anleitung zur Erstinstallation
--
Robonect® Dokumentation (= Gebrauchsanweisung = Bedienungsanleitung) und Support
--
Forum cooler nutzen: Hervorhebungen machen und Screenshots posten
--
Es wurde schon alles gefragt, nur noch nicht von allen. (frei nach Karl Valentin)

blueberry63
Forum-Nutzer
Herstellungsjahr: 2016
Robonect Firmware: 1.0beta6

Beitrag von blueberry63 »

Hello,

I just want to mention that in August there was a recall of the HX adapter board due to a serious issue with the interface pins...

Regards
Blueberry63

jamesb
Forum-Anfänger

Beitrag von jamesb »

Thanks for the replies :-)
Do you have a working connection to Robonect? If yes, please download the log and place it here. Fabian aka Admin wants to check it OUT.
I do, however sadly it looks like it's corrupted. The downloaded logbook just contains the serial/version number data and the following line:

Code: Alles auswählen

<successful>false</successful><error_code>253</error_code><error_message>Logbook damaged! (3)</error_message></robonect>
Are there any other logs or debugging information I can dig up?
I just want to mention that in August there is a recall of the HX adapter board due to a serious issue with the interface pins ...
Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that. Is there a post on the forums or a web page with more information? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Thanks,
James

blueberry63
Forum-Nutzer
Herstellungsjahr: 2016
Robonect Firmware: 1.0beta6

Beitrag von blueberry63 »

I just want to mention that in August there is a recall of the HX adapter board due to a serious issue with the interface pins ...
Sorry, I forgot to insert the link:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1956

I think you should contact Fabian (Admin) to be save.

Regards
Blueberry63

shadowkiller
Forum-Veteran

Automower 330X - Died While Mowing

Ok, I see the Wifi conection is still working. So I think Fabian wants to have a look on the whole logbook data. The error code maybe but also maybe not enough context. So please upload it here for further diagnostics.

You can contact him here in the board as „Admin“ with private message.
--
Robonect® Dokumentation (= Gebrauchsanweisung = Bedienungsanleitung) und Support
--
--
Es wurde schon alles gefragt, nur noch nicht von allen. (frei nach Karl Valentin)

jamesb
Forum-Anfänger

Beitrag von jamesb »

Thanks shadowkiller, I've sent the log to Fabian as a PM. Sadly there is very little in the log, but hopefully it will be of some help.

Thanks for that Blueberry63. My purchase is from October 2017, so hopefully I made my purchase just before the bad cables. However I've asked Fabian if I could be affected in a PM just in case.

As for on my end, the Robonect module died again today. I had just instructed the mower to park and it appeared to lose all power, just like before. So I went through the same steps to get it running again. I then attempted to downgrade the firmware to 0.9e. The downgrade appeared to go fine, however after turning the mower off and then back on again, it can no longer boot. It just sits there at the "Auto mower 330X" boot screen. There are no lights on the Robonect module, and disconnecting the power again, or the steps to do a factory reset, do not help.

If I remove the Robonect the mower starts up fine, and functions as normal (I've got it mowing without the Robonect right now).

So I'm not sure what to do. I can't seem to make the Robonect respond properly at all. Could there be an actual hardware failure (the cable?) and it's just a coincidence it happened shortly after the firmware update to 1.0 Beta7a?

Thanks,
James

shadowkiller
Forum-Veteran

Automower 330X - Died While Mowing

The hardware can’t be interrupted by software in this case, because Robonect can only do, what the mowers hardware could do without Robonect. I think it was an accident, not the reason. But Fabian will find it OUT.

Now You can do further things in this case, also to help Fabian with information if necessary:

First at all look for the described hardware issues on robonect itself.
If You can’t find anything, maybe there is nothing bad, or maybe it is not visible - 50/50 chance to find OUT.

But if there is in fact no hardware fault, You have one option to reanimate Robonect again:
Hardware reset with the buttons on Robonect itself (please ask if You don’t know)

If this works, maybe in 0.9e there is an option to download the logbook again (sorry I don’t know, if this feature was in 0.9e already.) or you can update again to 1.0 Beta.

After all there is one issue left: Maybe Your mowers firmware is really to old for 1.0 Beta 7a. Maybe it’s better to try OUT a lower version, such as 1.0 Beta1 or Beta2.

And without Robonect built in, You can look for a firmware update for your mower (ask your local dealer), while Robonect is sent in to Fabian for diagnostics. (If necessary).

Best wishes!
--
--
--

Admin
Administrator
Mäher: Gardena SILENO City 500
Firmware des Mähers (MSW): MSW 11.xx.xx
Robonect Firmware: stets die Allerneuste :-)
wurde gedankt: 60 Male

Beitrag von Admin »

As you yourself have correctly recognized, the logbook is unfortunately damaged. This can happen if Robonect is suddenly disconnected from the power supply.
According to current knowledge you should not be affected by the problem of the faulty adapter.
Without Robonect, does your mower work properly?
To be on the safe side, I would suggest that you send me your module once for verification. You can find my address in the imprint.
Werbefläche zu vermieten. :lol:

Heisti
sehr erfahrener Forum-Nutzer
Mäher: Husqvarna Automower 420
Herstellungsjahr: 2017
Robonect Firmware: -1.0 Beta 7a

Beitrag von Heisti »

Mein Englisch ist nicht gut, aber kann es sein, dass ganz simple der AKKU vom Mäher hin ist? Wenn er den abklemmt und einen Augenblick später wieder an, kann es ja durchaus sein , dass der Mäher wieder hoch fährt, aber anschließend erneut in die Knie geht. Glaube nicht, dass das etwas mit dem Update zu tun hat.

Antworten

Zurück zu „allgemeine Mäher-Frage?“